Remove fear and uncertainty from the au pair program.
Managed Childcare Training
Our innovations are actively manage training and knowing our au pairs personally. To earn our certification, aspirants must:
- Pass an English oral proficiency interview (OPI) to approximately intermediate-high on the ACTFL scale.
- Pass a psychometric evaluation indicating suitability for childcare.
- Pass a police background investigation.
- Undergo due diligence, including reference checks, education verification and a social media assessment. (conducted by a former US Military Intelligence Officer)
- Complete seven hours of Preservice Training for Child Care Staff course, through Penn State University's, Better Kid Care Program.
- Join a local partner for a 200+ hour supervised childcare internship.
- Learn Western-style cooking basics and Western cultural differences.
- Pass our Board of Directors' performance review.
Then we consider them ready for the childcare component of the US Department of State's Au Pair Cultural Exchange Program.